Supporting people with a disability
FlexAbility provides people with a disability one-on-one personalised support in their home and our community so it is essential that each Support Worker is a good match to the person they support.
FlexAbility expects all staff members to develop effective and friendly working relationships with the individuals and families who are supported by FlexAbility, while at the same time remembering that they are paid workers in people’s lives.
Training in working with people who live with disability is provided. What is more important to us is that you have:
- A positive attitude towards people with a disability and the capacity to work effectively with them and their families to achieve their goals.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with local community members and organisations in order to develop opportunities for inclusion of individuals with a disability in their community.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality and the ability to maintain it.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrated work ethics of reliability, commitment, flexibility, diligence, and respect for colleagues and management.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as agreed at interview.